Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Favorite Book


My favorite book is Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. I first read it when I was in seventh grade because it was nominated for an award and it said it was a story about Cinderella. I love fairy tales and I really love Cinderella, especially when they do something different with her. The Disney one is kind of boring even though my mom likes her. Anyway, in the book Ella is really smart and fun, but what makes her different is that she is...under a curse! Ella was given a "gift" by a fairy when she was born, and it was that she will always be obedient. But that means she has to do anything anyone tells her! Even if they tell her to chop off her own head! It becomes harder and harder for Ella, so she decides she's going to find the fairy who gave this to her and break the curse. I like the book because it has cool fairy tale elements like a magic book and a centaur and a really nice romance too! If you like fantasy you will like this book, although it might not be popular with boys, but there's nothing bad about it. In fact, it's really funny so maybe you should give it a try even if you are a boy.

Sincerely,

Middle School student SE

No comments:

Post a Comment